Welcome to the Wisconsin Chapter job bank.
To post a job, please forward information via e-mail. Thank you.
ALA Management Connections
ALA Management ConnectionsSM accepts ads for legal administrator positions, as well as support staff positions such as legal secretaries, legal assistants, paralegals, law clerks and other non-lawyer positions. Ads are also welcome for positions in professional service organizations (such as consulting and accounting firms) that require skills similar to those of a legal administrator or functional specialist. ALA is not currently accepting ads for lawyers, or for management positions in service industries and retail settings.
Michael Best & Friedrich
Post Date: June 12, 2017
Get your foot in the door and gain exposure to several areas of the Firm by working closely with the Firm Managing Partner and Executive Team. Michael Best seeks an energetic, motivated, and meticulous Executive Team Coordinator for its Milwaukee office to provide a high level of support to the Firm's Managing Partner and Executive Team (Chief Operating Officer, Chief HR Officer, Chief Marketing & Business Development Officer, Chief Information Officer, and Chief Financial Officer).
Recent grads will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes a broad variety of tasks for the Managing Partner and Executive Team, including:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments;
- Completing Expense Reports;
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is often confidential;
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas;
- Create and compile executive and management meeting materials and agenda including PowerPoints and Excel spreadsheets;
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures schedules are followed and respected. Ensures optimal performance of the Managing Partner’s schedule;
- Prioritizes and follows-up on incoming issues and matters, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature;
- Works closely and effectively with the Managing Partner and Executive Team to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up as appropriate and keeping the Managing Partner and Executive Team updated;
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality.
- Recent graduates will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associate’s Degree is required.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent judgment and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills via telephone, email, and in-person.
- Technologically savvy, with an advanced-level proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various demands, and demonstrate the highest level of internal and external client service and response
Must be able to function and produce results in a fast-paced, professional environment
Galanis, Pollack, Jacobs & Johnson, S.C.
Post Date: May 8, 2017
Downtown Milwaukee law firm seeks full-time legal assistant to support three attorneys in its Replevin Department. Responsibilities include processing letters, memoranda, Orders, Affidavits, Notices of Publication, Satisfactions, Judgments, invoices and other documents; e-filing pleadings; contacting courts to schedule return dates and/or adjourned dates for publication and service; coordinating paperwork with process servers; obtaining outside counsel when necessary; maintaining client files; and various administrative duties. Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication and proofreading skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask and prioritize work assignments. College degree or paralegal certificate preferred.
Sandy Schmitt, Office Administrator
© 2017 WI-ALA
Designed & Powered By:
The Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators (WALA) is a separate legal entity from the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA). ALA licenses the use of its name, mark, logos and other protected properties to chapters which are in good standing. ALA disclaims all liability or responsibility whatsoever for the actions, representations and liabilities of the Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators, specifically including those of any nature whatsoever arising from or out of the content or other features related to the Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators web site. In no event shall ALA be deemed the guarantor of the Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators.