Welcome to the Wisconsin Chapter job bank.
To post a job, please forward information via e-mail. Thank you.
ALA Management Connections
ALA Management ConnectionsSM accepts ads for legal administrator positions, as well as support staff positions such as legal secretaries, legal assistants, paralegals, law clerks and other non-lawyer positions. Ads are also welcome for positions in professional service organizations (such as consulting and accounting firms) that require skills similar to those of a legal administrator or functional specialist. ALA is not currently accepting ads for lawyers, or for management positions in service industries and retail settings.
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren sc
Post Date: Jan. 12, 2018
Madison Office Manager
You will join a firm who serves business needs with innovation, focus and commitment. Founded in 1894, Reinhart is one of the nation's 250 largest law firms (National Law Journal). Our Client Service Standards, subscribed to by all lawyers and staff, affirm our commitment to put the needs of our clients first and to pursue excellence in all that we do.
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, s.c (Reinhartlaw.com) is currently seeking a professional Office Manager for our law office in Madison. We are looking for a candidate that has a superior client service philosophy and strong supervisory, administrative, technical and facilities management skills to support a busy, growing office. This position works closely with the Managing Partner and Shareholders in Madison as well as the administrative departments in the Milwaukee office to ensure smooth operations of the Madison location.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing and directing the clerical, administrative and secretarial staff through effective hiring, monitoring and coaching. In conjunction with Human Resources, includes necessary discipline action where needed up to and including termination.
- Monitor, coordinate, and approve staffs' time off requests to ensure adequate coverage for all in the Madison Office; take a hands-on approach to provide support to attorneys and clients during emergency situations. Tracks time off in conjunction with Firm policies. Accurately monitors and reports staff time to payroll in a timely manner.
- Establish secretarial assignments to create well-functioning teams with maximum efficiency; monitor and resolve issues that arise with support from Human Resources and Managing Partner.
- Stay abreast of skills needed for the secretarial and support staff by interfacing regularly with staff and attorneys regarding areas of concern and success; continually monitor and evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities to ensure staff has tools to complete required tasks and meet performance expectations.
- Monitor ratios and workloads to ensure adequate staffing levels to meet attorney and client demands. Through this analysis, work with Human Resources to recruit and select secretarial and administrative staff as needed. Organize and coordinate orientation and training of new staff members.
- Timely complete the annual review process of staff: complete review forms, conduct reviews with staff and make recommendations for performance increases aligned with Firms standards.
- Uphold, support and enforce Firm-wide policies and procedures. Identify insufficiencies and make recommendations as needed to Managing Partner, Human Resources or other Administrative Managers as appropriate. Ensure effective operations with regard to record keeping, reception, catering duties, and secretarial support for the Madison office.
- Promote Madison Office initiatives, and communicate with Managing Partner about information and developments impacting the Madison Office.
- Approve payment of all general office-related accounts payable. Supervise office inventory control system. Reconcile firm credit card, petty cash and checkbook. Attend to banking deposits for Madison office. Assist with planning annual office budget.
- Oversee the office filing and records system; ensure effective standards as well as security and confidentiality of information. Proactively monitor and manage storage of files including overflow or unregulated attorney's files.
- Attend Madison Office shareholder and other meetings, as requested.
- Plan and execute Madison Office holiday parties and other events and gatherings.
- Offer administrative support to attorneys where needed.
- Monitor office products and supplies as well as timely inventory and stocking.
- Order floral and other arrangements as needed for special events such as births, hospitalizations, funeral services, etc.
- Promote Madison Office morale and work to maintain/improve support staff job satisfaction.
- IT Liaison regarding Madison office technology and hardware needs.
- Provide new hire and follow-up training for employees.
- Secure and manage maintenance contracts for computer/hardware and other vendors.
- Oversee roll-outs of software and other updates.
- Organize, participate in and lead Madison marketing events.
- Oversee marketing for seminars, sponsorships and events. Collaborate with Marketing Department to develop Madison-specific events, and to promote Madison Office visibility and initiatives.
- Proactively and directly interface with attorneys to develop specific marketing materials for their practice.
- Coordinate the mass production of marketing materials with staff and outside vendors.
- Stay abreast of new marketing tools and technology and proactively introduce and educate attorneys on how to best utilize tools to improve their marketing footprint to develop new or increase current business.
- Manage Madison office facilities including office space planning, coordination of work and issues with vendors and landlord as required.
- Manage daily catering orders and oversee all catering functions.
- Maintain and purchase supplies as needed.
Special Project Management
- Effectively liaise with Human Resources, Marketing, IRC, IT, Accounting and other Department Administrative Directors as needed to provide overall operational activities of the office on an ongoing basis as well as during any unique or unusual situations to meet Firm standards.
- Assist with additional projects that may come up from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of office management and operations experience.
- Must be a strong professional with a track record of demonstrated success in a law firm or other professional services arena. Understanding of the legal environment and the practice of law, while not absolutely required, will be a positive.
- Self-directed, strategic and results-oriented with the highest level of personal and professional ethical standards. Ability to work well under pressure, and have ability to work with and through others in order to meet tight project deadlines. Must be able to organize and prioritize work and be able to multi-task with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening skills in order to establish and maintain working relationships with all employee levels within and outside of the Firm.
- Good understanding of technology: computers, software, networks, phones, and audio/visual equipment and ability to communicate effectively with IT personal resolve complex issues. With an in depth understanding of MSOffice products.
- Dependable in execution of assigned tasks. Able to work with minimal supervision.
Candidates should also exhibit the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Inter-personal skills and style to work effectively with attorneys, staff, and management.
- Ability to build trust, confidence and strong working relationships.
- Tact, maturity and good judgment.
- A proactive, can-do style.
- A common-sense approach to problem solving.
- An ability to build consensus on important decisions.
- A hands-on, professional attitude that includes the willingness to roll up one's sleeves and do what is required.
- Patience and perseverance to see things through to completion
- Good understanding of technology including all MS Office products.
- Ability to effectively provide back-up assistance and support to attorneys with administrative tasks when needed.
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license, reliable transportation, flexibility in schedule and ability to occasionally attend seminars and events before and after work as well as the occasional weekend.
Our constant focus is on superior client services. If you can demonstrate the skills and commitment required for this position, we welcome you to discover the Reinhart Advantage.
Davis & Kuelthau, s.c.
Post Date: Jan. 28, 2018
Davis & Kuelthau, S.C., is seeking an IT training professional. Based at our downtown Milwaukee location, you will develop and conduct software training for attorneys and staff in all of our Wisconsin offices. Responsibilities of the Trainer include training new firm hires on MS Office products and other law-firm specific applications, working with the help desk to identify and address issues requiring user training, developing and delivering training on new applications or new version of applications, conducting follow-up education workshops, and providing best practice solutions.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of three years experience in software training. The successful candidate should be proficient in MS Office, Document Management Systems concepts and e-learning tools. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be highly organized and detailed. Should have experience in developing and managing the design, delivery and continuous improvement of training programs including classroom, one-on-one and CBT training, both in-person and remotely. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and staff. Previous law firm experience a plus.
Responses may be directed to ITjobs@DKattorneys.com
United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Post Date: Feb. 4, 2018
The Clerk of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin is seeking a full-time Intake Clerk who takes pride in work that requires the utmost attention to detail and accuracy. The Intake Clerk performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a successful employment history in administrative roles, show an ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, and have exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills and enjoys working with the public.
The employee will be required to perform duties including, but not limited to:
• Answer and route incoming calls and assist the public in the use of computerized databases. Provide basic information to the public, bar, and the court.
• Operate a variety of copying and records equipment.
• Maintain the integrity of the filing system by monitoring proper access to records and maintaining timely and accurate filing of documents.
• Retrieve electronic files and make copies of records for court personnel, attorneys and others. Certify court documents.
• Prepare, ship and retrieve court records from the appropriate Federal Records Center.
• Scan, copy, file, pickup, sort and process mail. Process email received from electronic filers.
• Receive and stamp incoming documents and assist with the maintenance of court files.
• Inform customers of required fees, receive payments, and issue receipts. Secure funds in cash register, balance cash drawer at the end of the day. Process credit card payments
for filed documents.
• Accept appropriate documents, assign case numbers, open cases in the case management system, and docket initial case opening events. Ensure data quality.
• Demonstrated employment experience in an administrative role, preferably one in which accuracy and detail are of the utmost importance
• Demonstrated ability to read and understand charts, flowcharts, procedures and guidelines
• Excellent computer skills in a PC environment
• Ability to write grammatically correct sentences and business correspondence
Demonstrated ability to work with the public in a friendly, professional way
• Committed to engaging in a collaborative team atmosphere
Please submit application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by
mail, marked “Personal and Confidential” to:
U.S. Bankruptcy Court
517 East Wisconsin Avenue, Room 126
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Hurley, Burish & Stanton, S.C.
Post Date: Jan. 2, 2018
Hurley, Burish & Stanton, S.C. is looking to hire a full-time (40 hours per week) Legal Secretary for our downtown Madison office. HBS is a respected Madison law firm committed to excellence in criminal and civil litigation, estate planning, and business law.
Position Summary: Provide legal secretarial support to business and civil litigation attorneys; generate accurate legal and office correspondence; use common business office software, including Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, Excel, Outlook, and Tussman; answer phones and direct calls; open files and handle client billing; maintain and manage case files and perform general offices duties.
- Experience in performing general clerical duties (e.g. scheduling complex multiparty mediations, managing files, drafting correspondence, creating red line documents and proof readings), 5+ years of legal administrative experience preferred but not required
- Phone and Computer Experience
- Proficiency with MS Word, Word Perfect Excel, Outlook, Wisconsin Circuit Court E-filing System
- Experience with Complex Civil Litigation
Compensation based on experience. Competitive benefits package included. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Hurley, Burish & Stanton, S.C.
PO Box 1528
Madison, WI 53701
Call with inquiries to 608-257-0945.
Submissions accepted through January 8, 2018.
© 2018 WI-ALA
Designed & Powered By:
The Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators (WALA) is a separate legal entity from the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA). ALA licenses the use of its name, mark, logos and other protected properties to chapters which are in good standing. ALA disclaims all liability or responsibility whatsoever for the actions, representations and liabilities of the Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators, specifically including those of any nature whatsoever arising from or out of the content or other features related to the Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators web site. In no event shall ALA be deemed the guarantor of the Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators.